Sunday, January 23, 2011

Bliss-ful Progress



This lovely little handful, is the beginnings of some great fun. First off, I am partial to red, so this collection caught my eye and second, I am really partial to red and white polka-dots (see upper left of picture), and what happens when you put that together with a little Christmas money...

What you get is Jam and Jellies (Fig Tree Quilts Pattern). Eye candy! Sigh! This one square is almost enough for me, but why stop when you have a good thing going...

Do you want to know what happens when you put all of these parts together? What you get is a quilting girl who can hardly wait to show her momma this pretty quilt. I had to text her practically in the middle of the night (hmmmmm...I'm not telling why it was in the middle of the night...but it might of had to do with my recently reactivated night owl skills). My momma is off playing in Mexico, but she assured me she is eager to see my newest creation, and that she would love it. O.K. So I know I am a big girl now, but I still want to show my momma my creations (at least the ones I am proud of). And this one, I am proud of... drum roll please....



Not the greatest of pictures, we had a beautiful sunny day, but the quilt top was not finished in time to see the sun. I quickly snapped a couple pictures so I could post tonight. I will try to get some better pictures tomorrow if the weather cooperates.



So after I snapped those pictures and took a little break from smiling at that pretty top, I felt like doing a little star gazing. That is Bliss-ful isn't it? Well it was for me...

I am not sure how many stars I will be able to make with my scraps, but it seemed like a nice way to use up the leftovers and make something else beautiful.

I hope you have a Bliss-ful week!


No comments:

Post a Comment