Monday, January 10, 2011

Quilting Bliss

Fig Tree Quilts has published the cutest pattern called Jelly and Jam, I have had my eye on it for some time now. Last time I was in LA, I picked up the pattern and planned to make the quilt with Breakfast at Tiffany's, but I purchased charm packs instead of Jelly Rolls, so that put a large kink in my plans. Do not despair--I came up with plan B for my Breakfast at Tiffany's:

So back to the Jelly and Jam, in November of 2010 I discovered Bliss, literally the fabric collection called "Bliss". It is Bliss-ful! I went a little crazy and had a Merry Bliss-Mass. I made myself a new Bliss-mass Stocking---finally a stocking for me which I LOVE! For a good friend and hostess with the most-ess, I made a Bliss Table Runner. And finally I settled into the Jams and Jelly quilt pattern in the Bliss collection.


The colors range from these cool browns and sage-like greens, all highlighted with ice blue and red or pink.

So far I have these blocks going, they will all be sashed with a Bliss custard cream polka dot and posted with some of the red. Since I think it is time to put away the Christmas Fruitcake Quilt, I am planning on Bliss taking its place in the front room--which means I probably had better use flannel on the back (which IS available in Bliss as well).
These colors are so great together. Although I do enjoy mixing and matching my own fabric combinations, it can sure be fun to use a coordinated set. I can't wait to see this quilt come together. Stay tuned!









1 comment:

  1. Hi Christy! I've enjoyed looking at all your quilts. Wow! I love the new one you are working on - great colors! It'll be fun to see the finished project!
    ~~ Janice Olson

    ReplyDelete