Friday, February 11, 2011

Still Hooked on Bliss


Recently I decided to overcome my fear of applique and so I grabbed a handful of left- over Bliss. I figured if anything could help me through this daunting task, Bliss would help. My latest quilting magazine fed my courage with a number of tips from the pros, step by step instructions, and even a pattern. I gathered myself and started my first ever attempt at applique and come up with this:



So much fun that I made a few more.


Why stop when there is plenty of Bliss left-overs and free scrap to work with?


Now it was back to the magazine--what should I do with this little bouquet? The original pattern was a little different, but I am all about making it "my way". So after a few pages of graph paper figuring, I determined a way I could make a variation on the original pattern with the samples I was working with. However, I was not ready to stop appliqueing, so I changed the pattern adaptation a bit more to allow for more applique.


These will be the centers of the "alternating" square, which was originally to be completely pieced. Probably when I complete this "pattern" it will not resemble the original inspiration. But I already love it!

Maybe next time I will follow directions.
...or maybe not.


No comments:

Post a Comment