Monday, May 31, 2010

The Quilt-A-Thon Results Are In

You may remember that I was headed to my mothers for a Quilt-A-Thon weekend. We had a wonderful time. It is always great to spend time with my mom. We enjoy doing so many of the same things, that we get along like oreos and milk. Between the two of us (an addition to a night at the movies with the best Sushi I have ever had, a family BBQ with my aunt and Uncle and Cousin's family, and lots of patio time soaking up the sun kissed air), we sorted dozens of color schemes for future quilts, we finished 5 quilts and started 2 and made progress on 2 more. Wowza- now that is a Quilt-A-Thon.
Quilted - Mint Chocolate Chip Quilt:


(p.s. Mom- I need some more of the green with brown print for additional binding, I am a little bit short)
Life's Ups and Downs is finally complete:


Don't you love the polka dots?



Also quilted the Floral Fantasy Quilt and the Smoothie Quilt. That is 4 quilts quilted in just 3 days! Went a little crazy, but my Mom has the greatest machine for quilting so I took advantage of her generously offering to let me quilt away on it til my heart was content. Well I did quilt away and away and away into the night and morning. I brought 6 quilt tops that needed quilting and 4 was all that my body could handle. Pesky body needed some sleep.
Floral Fantasy above
Smoothie Quilt

The Mint Chocolate Chip Quilt is going home with Danbi for her parents in Korea, but I am willing to part with the others if anyone is interested. Speaking of which, I am getting together photos and information for a portfolio of my work for potential quilt making gigs. Let me know if you are interested, we can work something out.
You may have noticed I have listed Ribbit in my pending projects, but have never shown you any photos of it. That little fellow is almost complete also. It is very special, just a little something to look forward too. I hope to have it finished within two weeks and I will unveil it then.
Also I have a new little romance going with this seductive color scheme:
I will keep you posted.











No comments:

Post a Comment