Saturday, May 8, 2010

Apparently Not Too Soon For "Fall"

It has been busy around the house lately. I have been working on a few projects (not the least of which is house cleaning and laundry taming). I managed to finish all the rows for the Zig Zag and the Blue Signature style quilt. The Dutch Butter Churn squares are slow and seem very small when they are finished, I haven't taken inventory on how many more I will need for that little pretty, but I am sure it is in the neighborhood of a million. The black and whites are strictly scraps from a Christmas gift quilt to me niece, I am really excited about how they are coming together.



And while we are on the subject of exciting things; my 15 year and friend had a great big "fall" off a water tower. Yes, you read that right "a water tower". This was not an approved activity--not climbing on the tower nor falling off the water tower. She and her buddy both broke bones and are a regular pair of gimps for a while now. I told her there would be consequences in addition to her pain and suffering. But after 2 casts and 1 full arm splint, I just haven't had the heart to punish her. So it turns out I am a big softy.
The partners in crime before:

And after:

Ironically, we just paid off our bill at the local orthopedic center. The cast tech said he would meet us somewhere else, we didn't have to keep breaking bones to see him. We were hoping for a frequent users punch card, I am pretty sure we are up to our free treatment by now. I guess I will just keep watching for it in the mail with my fingers crossed.

Last night I read the funniest thing about unfinished quilting projects. If you have an unfinished project or two or eighteen, you will enjoy this. Follow this link to read about The Tricky Art of Finishing What You Start: http://makegreatstuff.com/the-tricky-art-of-finishing-what-you-start/ Sara Bush is a fun blogger to read, I could really identify with her. I am motivated to get a few more projects finished after reading her blog...well, I mean theoretically, I am motivated, except it will have to wait because I am currently entertaining a new romance with a seductively good-looking idea (plus there are birds on the fabric and I just love those little guys).

1 comment:

  1. Christy - Sew talented you are! I loved reading and catching up on what you are doing. You are amazingly gifted and artistic. Let's talk about having you design and make us a quilt, a paying gig even.
    Let's talk.
    Love you,
    Dena

    ReplyDelete