Saturday, May 15, 2010

Bye Bye Baby!


Check it out!! My very best ever binding job ever. So... I followed a tutorial at a blog by Red Pepper Quilts step by step--I even used an adorable red and white just ike the tutorial. And it turned out faublous. Backing up a little bit, here is the story.
Last night I got this wild hair and put together a baby quilt for a friend of my husband. I went with the wonky stars in primary colors. Those stars have been on my horizon for a few weeks now and so Danbi, Sara, and I sat down together and cranked a few out. Danbi is the best international daughter in the world, and Sara is her good friend. Danbi is making her very first quilt, so she is a ace on the sewing machine. Sara had never put her foot to the petal before, but she sewed like a champ. The girls helped lay out the pattern. The gift actually went to a teacher of theirs, so they had fun being a part of its' creation.

Sorry the pictures are so washed out. I finished the quilt at *:30 (the actual number will be left out to protect the obsessed), and the sun had not quite come up yet (althought it was pretty close). After an alarmingly short nights sleep, I dragged myself out of my warm snuggly bed and took a sad and sorry couple of photos before my husband could give this cute little baby quilt away. Bye bye Baby.

Just an added quick note: This is a great tutorial for making a "wonky star" quilt. Go to this link: http://thesillyboodilly.blogspot.com/2009/02/wonky-star-tutorial.html
She does a great job to help best utilize fabric--I wish I would have seen it before this quilt baby.








2 comments:

  1. Christy, You are amazing. I love your quilts. If there is time when you come see your mom, maybe you could show me how you did the star.

    Drive safe.

    Aunt Paullette

    ReplyDelete
  2. it's such a cute baby blanket :)

    ReplyDelete