Friday, April 30, 2010

A Great day for a Smoothy

Here it is...a delicious fruit smoothy. I think this quilt turned out so nice. The colors together are wonderful especially with the crisp white background. I have more of the accent floral for the backing and the stripe for the binding. This is probably my best yet as far as technique and lining things up. I would definitely recommend trying this Whirly Gig pattern. Just be sure to put together one block first to make sure everything looks good first. I would have saved fabric if I had followed this advice. Next time I make this pattern, I am going to try to add an additional fabric for some of the "background" white whirly gigs.



Other great news, I received a couple of squares from my momma. These are for the Denise Quilt in the unfinished projects list. They are the final squares, so I guess I better get to work.

I am not sure if this is good news, or just enabling myself in the fabric acquiring area. I ran into this super sweet Free Spirit print at the local fabric shop. I used a lot of will power and only bought a half yard of each of the two. One of these days I am going to figure out my incoming fabric to out going fabric ratio. I guess I will need to measure how many yards I have in my stash and then I can add and subtract after that. Maybe it will help me keep tabs on my fabric purchases.
And finally the best news of all! You will never guess what little beauties swam my way yesterday...drum roll please.....
Heather Ross's Mermaids
Yipee!
Didn't I warn you they were sweet. Just zoom in on their little faces. This fabric was love at first sight for me. I don't even know what I will do with it (except for some fussy cutting). I guess just stay tuned to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment