Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Catch 22


Don't you find that life is full of contradictions? Mine is. It is like a Catch 22. You can't win for losing. Especially the Lupus part of my life. The strangest part to me is that the medications I take keep my immune system at a barely functioning level to keep my body from fighting its' self. It seems that my body doesn't like its' own cells and feels compelled to stage a full out war on otherwise seemingly innocent cells. It is a major contradiction at the core of my health. So the collective doctors in their infinite wisdom have decided that the best way to deal with this is to kill the protective immune system to stop it from attacking healthy cells. This seems a little backwards to me, but who am I to argue with "the doctors"? The biggest side effect of this kind of treatment is that those soldier cells whose job is to protect are now dwindling in number and protective power. So along comes a little cold virus that should be wiped out with very little trouble, but it just storms past those wimpy sedated soldiers and takes over my body like a wicked step mother moving in.

Guess who has a horrid cold? Ya, me. It is going on something like 14 days. Doctor has me on antibiotics for the resident sinus infection. Ugh. Just to illustrate how rotten I have felt...today is the first day in that long I have sewn anything. And I only put the binding on a baby quilt.

Well, it is the cutest little Baby mermaid quilt.
But now I am exhausted an think I will sleep for another 16 hours. Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment